Residential Moving Rochester NY
Relocating your home can be an emotional, stressful time for you and your household.
Since we’re a locally owned and operated company, we understand the stress that accompanies the moving process. That’s why we offer you a way to make the transition as smooth and painless as possible.
During the initial phone call and the follow-up onsite visit, we’ll quote you our various packing options and get a firm understanding of your needs.
We’ll ask you:
- Do you need our packing services?
- How many rooms do you have in your home?
- How far away is your new location?
- How would you like us to accommodate your wardrobe/clothing?
- Do you have personal items that need special care?
- Do you have valuables or breakables that need special attention?
- Do you have a lot of heavy furniture?
Once we know what you need, we can then move forward to the scheduling and planning stage. We’ll fully explain insurance options to you, what we can and can’t pack according to state law, and we’ll supply you with a required shipper’s manual. We’ll also give you a sheet with packing advice in case you will be doing the packing yourself.
We do offer storage space when requested. The storage is free for the first 2-4 days. After that, we will charge you for two moves*.
*One move is equivalent to loading the possessions onto the truck and unloading those same possessions at a different location. If we must unload everything into our storage space and then reload the trucks more than 4 days later, we consider that two moves.